DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine Review
Make no qualms about it, the DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica super-automatic espresso machine is the B&O espresso best value pick in a super-auto unit. It’s also the best in its class for both price and performance, especially seeing that it’s one of the only super-automatics out there with a double boiler that goes for under $1,000. That doesn’t mean it’s cheap though—this is a primo espresso machine, capable of delivering you amazing tasting espressos right from your own kitchen with just the touch of a button.
In fact, whether you want espressos, Americanos, cappuccinos, lattes or anything else you get from an Italian coffee cafe, this versatile home espresso maker can grind, brew and steam it up beyond your wildest dreams. Get the full aroma of the beans as they are burr ground to your custom settings right in the machine, giving you a comprehensive beans-to-brew system that provides you with the best tasting—and smelling—espressos, coffees, cappuccinos and lattes you’ve ever tasted.
Thanks to the two stainless steel boilers, you get perfect heat distribution every time you use the machine, in addition to the instant reheat function. No matter how long you wait between cups, your pour will always be at the perfect temperature because the Magnifica anticipates and prepares the shots according to your specs.
Whether you like it weak, strong or run-a-marathon, the DeLonghi has a setting for you. Plus, it accommodates any size milk container and the coffee spigot height is adjustable for any sized cup. Simply put your favorite mugs, cups or containers into the warming cup tray and you’re good to go. With a three-hour shutoff safety feature, a 60 oz water tank that is removable, a water level indicator, electronic coffee and steam thermostats and automatic rinse and decalcification programs, this is the easiest to use home espresso maker that you will ever have the pleasure of using.
DeLonghi Magnifica Espresso Machine Review—Product Features
Here are some of the features that really make the DeLonghi Magnifica an easy choice for anyone looking for the best super-automatic espresso machine on the market:
- Double Boiler. Easy to use, maintain and clean, the double boiler not only makes this a pragmatic choice for convenience-sake since you can descale it yourself every few months, but it also creates a delicious drink thanks to the precision heat distribution.
- Instant Reheat. The core of the Magnifica is heated up instantly ensuring that you can brew espressos at a moment’s notice, regardless of how long it’s been since your last cup.
- Removable Water Tank and Bean Container. Unlike other super-auto espresso makers, the Magnifica is unique in that you can fill the water and the bean container without moving the espresso maker from the counter. Even the controls are on the front, providing easy access and a smaller footprint.
- Integrated Burr Grinder. Don’t waste precious counter space with a separate bean grinder—the Magnifica has a built-in burr grinder that allows you to completely customize your espresso or even use ground coffee.
- Cappuccino System. A 180 degree rotation capability ensures that you can get the milk into any sized container without spilling. Plus, the coffee spigot is completely adjustable, further enhancing it’s all-accommodating nature.
What Do Owners Like About the DeLonghi Magnifica?
There are a lot of things to like about the Magnifica espresso maker from DeLonghi. Here are a few of the things that owners are raving about:
- The compact design of the unit is not only countertop-friendly, but also guarantees that the heat is perfectly distributed at the optimal temperature with every brew
- One of the least returned espresso machines on the market, speaking to it’s brilliant function and durable design
- Manual dials keep the unit more reliable and less likely to fail than digital or no-touch units
- One only a handful of espresso machines under $1,000 that has a bypass doser
- Beans to brew design makes this one of the more adjustable super-automatic espresso makers on the market
What Could Be Better About the Magnifica Home Espresso Machine?
Of course, nothing is ever perfect for everyone. Here are a few of the complaints that customers have about the Magnifica Espresso Maker:
- Almost all of DeLonghi’s super-automatic espresso machines have a noisier grinder than other models and the Magnifica is no exception.
- Super-automatic espresso machines aren’t known for being friendly to oily coffee beans and the Magnifica doesn’t fix that problem. This means it will work best with a medium espresso roast.
Who Should Buy The Magnifica?
If you’re in the market for a no-frills espresso machine that will be easy to use and last a long time, the Magnifica is a great option. Not only is it a super-automatic (which means it’s less hands on and more convenient), it’s super-compact as well, so great for apartments and homes with a cluttered counter or minimal storage space.
Who Should Not Buy The DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica?
If you want a more hands-on experience with your espresso maker, you will be better off going for a semi-automatic. This will provide you with more control over your final product, but at the cost of some convenience. Also, if you’re looking for a larger espresso maker, the Magnifica might not be for you.
Magnifica Espresso Machien Review—The Bottom Line
The DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM3300 packs a wallop of power and convenience into a tiny, ergonomic footprint. Thanks to its creative design and unique features, this is one of the best selling home espresso machines on the market, especially since it has a built-in grinder and a one-touch button system. Top that off with the fact it self-cleans and you can see why the DeLonghi Magnifica is the practical solution for espresso lovers.